SSC Full Form: Staff Selection Commission
SSC full form is the Staff Selection Commission. It is a central government organization chargeable for recruiting manpower from the assorted departments and ministries of the Government of India and their subordinate places of work throughout the nation.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) takes care of the requirement for different post aspects for various ministries, departments, and offices.
It is an important organization of the Government of India. It is one of the major bodies of the Department of personal and Traning(DOPT).
Staff Selection Commission conducts more than 20 types of jobs from group B to group C. It has seven regional offices such as Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Guwahati, Bangalore, and two sub-regional offices at Raipur and Chandigarh.
Staff Selection Commission is a full form of SSC conducts CBSE and other state boards of the 10th standard examination certificate and also stands for secondary school certificate.
Earlier, Staff Selection Commission was called Subordinate Service Commission. SSC .established in 1975 and its main proposal is to carry out the requirement process. It selects staff for Group B and Group C post. It is one of the central Government jobs which has a lot of scope and carrier option.
Type of Examination conduct
SSC conducts nine types of examination
1. SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (SSC CHSL)
- The minimum qualification for SSC CHSL(Combined Higher Secondary Level) is 12th pass out and the age limit is 18 to 27.
- The candidate must pass out any recognized board for post-LDC/JSA, PA/SA, DEO, and candite must have passed class 12 with science stream and mathematics as a compulsory subject.
2. SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL)
- The SSC CHL(Combined Graduate Level) is conducted once a year. The candidate must have a Bachelor of Degree in any stream and any University and it’s age limit between 18 to 27 years old.
- It has age relaxation for SC/ST candidates 5 years. For OBC candidate 3 year age relaxation, for a person with Disability(PWD) 10 years. PWD + SC/ST 15 year age relaxation and for PWD+ OBC candidate age relaxation is 13 years.
3. SSC Junior Hindi Translator
- The Staff Selection Commission conducts JHT( Junior Hindi Translator) in subordinate office and Hindi Pradhyapak for Central Hindi Training Institute and etc are in SSC JHT and conducted by SSC.
- Eligibility for SSC JHT is Master’s Degree of a recognized University and r Hindi or English as a compulsory subject and Recognized Diploma or Certificate Course in Translation from Hindi to Englis and Englis to Hindi.
4. SSC Junior Engineer
- The education qualification for SSC JE (Junior Engineer) is a Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institution and the age limit 18 to 27 years old.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and subject in Bhutan or Nepal. It has an option for eligibility that is the person who migrated from Sri Lanka, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, Pakistan, Srilanka, the United Republic of Tanzania and etc the intention of setting his residence in India permanent.
5. Stenographer C & D
- The minimum qualification of a candidate is must pass out 10+2 and his/her age in between 18 to 30 years for Grade C and age between 18 to 27 for Grade D.
- If the candidate learns in open or Distance mode then that candidate can eligible but that must all the degree provide including technical.
- The candidate age relaxation not applicable to the daughter, son, or dependent Ex-serviceman so thus this candidate should not eligible as Ex-servicemen.
6.SSC Multitasking Staff
- The candidate must 10th pass out and age between 18-25 for apply SSC Multitasking Staff. If a candidate has 40% physical disability in this case he/she must get benefits of reservation.
- It has an option for eligibility that is the person who migrated from Sri Lanka, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, the United Republic of Tanzania and etc the intention of setting his residence in India permanent.
7.SSC GD Constable
- First of the candidate must pass out 10th level examination and age should be 18-23 for applying for SSC GD. Which candidate belongs from reserved categorize those candidates will get the benefit of age relaxation.
- For SC/ST candidate 5 years, for OBC candidate 3 year age relaxation. For Ex-Servicemen (GEN) 3 years, for Ex-Servicemen (OBC) 6 years, and for Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST) 8 year age relaxations.
8.SI (Sub-Inspector )
- This exam opens a competitive computer-based examination and it’s age limit between 20 to 30. It has age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST candidates.
- Education qualification for all posts is Bachelor of a degree from recognized University and equivalent.
For this post most required physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. For males, the candidate must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car).